The koiosmasterdata.com website is an online community that enables manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and MRO organisations across many industries to easily collaborate by searching for, uploading and downloading product quality data in accordance with ISO 22745 and ISO 8000 standards, and access and/or purchase services from time to time made available on the site (“Services”). Services include, but are not limited to: registering on your behalf your company with quiplab.com; uploading your data to eccma.org and registers data on your behalf; enabling you to search our product quality database and open technical dictionary database; enabling you to upload data for us to verify it conforms to ISO 22745 and ISO 8000 standards before we publish it on our website, and enabling you to download data. The following outlines the terms under which you may use the koiosmasterdata.com website and Services.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
koiosmasterdata.com reserves the right to change these Terms. The most recent Terms can always be found at this page. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use koiosmasterdata.com and the Services we offer, and do not register for a koiosmasterdata.com account. If you have any questions, please contact us before using our website.
Services include, but are not limited to, any service and/or Content we make available to or perform for you, as well as the offering of any materials displayed, transmitted or performed on the site or through the Services. Content (“Content”) includes, but is not limited to text, messages, information, data, graphics, news articles, images, illustrations, videos and software.Your continued use of koiosmasterdata.com implies your acceptance of any changes that we make to these Terms.
2. CREATE A USERNAME AND PASSWORD
A condition of using our Services is the creation of an account with a username and password, and to provide accurate registration information. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of these Terms, which may result in immediate suspension or termination of your account. You may not use the name of another person or entity as your username or one that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorisation, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are solely responsible for all activities resulting from the use of your password and conducted through your account.You represent and warrant that you have given full and accurate information at account creation including a valid email address and that you will keep that information up to date at all times.
3. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT AND SERVICE CHANGES
koiosmasterdata.com reserves the right to: (a) change, modify or discontinue some or all of the Services offered on this website, (b) restrict the availability of Services, (c) deny users access to Services, (d) restrict the number of Services available to individual users, (e) charge fees on using the service, (f) and offer individual service levels to individual users, all without prior notice or liability. koiosmasterdata.com is also not liable for modifications, suspension or discontinuance of the Services caused by third parties. The koiosmasterdata.com website should not be relied upon as a sole point of storage of your Content.
4. WHAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO
You may not use the koiosmasterdata.com Services to upload, transmit or share any Content which:
- does not comply with these Terms
- unlawfully infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, patents, publicity rights or privacy rights
- includes any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or hateful material, including but not limited to material based on a person’s race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disablement
- makes use of a false name or identity or a name or identity that you are not entitled or authorized to use
- contains any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation
- contravenes any applicable law or government regulation in the jurisdiction where you use our Services.
You agree not to engage in any of the following behaviour on koiosmasterdata.com:
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any other koiosmasterdata.com user
- To use any automated means, with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site
- To promote or sell Content of another person
- To sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
Violation of any of these conditions will result in the termination of your koiosmasterdata.com account. While koiosmasterdata.com prohibits such conduct and Content on its site, you understand and agree that koiosmasterdata.com cannot be responsible for the Content posted or behaviour on its website by others and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and/or behaviour and that you use the koiosmasterdata.com service at your own risk.
5. WHAT WE CAN DO WITH UPLOADED CONTENT
koiosmasterdata.com seeks no ownership of the Content submitted to the website and respects and supports the rights of the creator and/or owner. Copyright remains with the data creator and/or owner at all times and you retain all rights to the Content that you previously enjoyed. However, by submitting Content to our website you represent and warrant to koiosmasterdata.com that you are the original owner of, and accordingly all rights, including copyright in and to the Content are owned by you or you have the permission of the copyright holder and that koiosmasterdata.com is free to use the Content as provided in these Terms without obtaining permission or a licence from any third party.
By uploading your Content to the koiosmasterdata.com website you agree that we may:
- use, reproduce, distribute and display the Content, within the scope of the various functionalities of our website and Services from time to time, including without limitation making it available for sharing with other users and on other platforms (including but not limited to eccma.org) and through other channels;
- promote our Services using the Content; and
- use the Content for such other purposes as we may from time to time reasonably determine.
These rights of use will last for the period during which the Content is posted on the koiosmasterdata.com website and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the Content from the website, except as set out in clause 10.
- reject any data you upload which, in our opinion, does not satisfy ISO 22745 or ISO 8000 standards. We will inform you as to why any data is rejected so that you can amend it and resubmit it.
- from time to time grant to the operators of public search engines permission to use search engines or search spiders to copy Content for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the Content;
- make no representation and warranty that Content posted on our website will not be unlawfully copied without your or our consent; and
- remove or disallow any Content that has been submitted at our discretion.
You further represent and warrant that:
- you have the right to enter into these Terms and to grant to koiosmasterdata.com the usage rights referred to above, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to, any other person in connection with the use by koiosmasterdata.com of the Content;
- the Content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or government regulation in the jurisdiction where you use our Services;
- you are solely and exclusively responsible for all Content that you submit, process or handle by use of our Services. You acknowledge that we do not and cannot review all Content uploaded and are not responsible for the Content. Where we make available Content this should be considered only as a courtesy and does not limit your responsibility for the same;
- you will ensure that all Metadata is factually correct and and will remain accurate and up to date;
- you are not entitled to use our website and Services in any way that may overload, disturb, harm, inactivate or impair them, or use them in any way that may lead to transfer, distribution or uploading of software or material containing harmful code, such as virus, time bombs, cancelbots, worms, Trojan horses, espionage software or other potentially harmful software, material or information;
- there are and will be no claims by any other party in connection with the use or reproduction of any of the Content.
6. INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide koiosmasterdata.com with the following information and we will investigate promptly:
- an electronic or physical signature of the owner or person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property right
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site, with enough detail that we may find it on the website (in most circumstances, we will need a URL)
- your address, telephone number and email address
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent or the law
- a statement by you that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorised to act on their behalf.
7. QUIP REGISTRY
You are able to perform the following “QUIP Services” (i) register, (ii) cancel, (iii) modify, (iv) renew, (v) delete and (vi) transfer a Quality Identifer Prefix (“QUIP”) the “QUIP Services”, located at https://www.quiplab.com. QUIPLAB LLC (“QUIPLAB”) of 445 Park Avenue, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10022 as authorised us to provide QUIP Services via the KOIOS software. By using the QUIP Services via koiosmasterdata.com you will be subject to the QUIPlab terms and conditions, and that by purchasing these QUIP Services you agree to be bound by these same terms in addition to the terms of this agreement.
8. IF YOU BREACH THESE TERMS
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless koiosmasterdata.com and its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs resulting from or arising out of: (a) your breach of these Terms, (b) any Content posted by you on the koiosmasterdata.com website, (c) use of the koiosmasterdata.com Services by you or any person using your username and/or password, and (d) any violation by you of any rights of a third party.
9. OUR LIABILITIES
In no event shall koiosmasterdata.com be liable in contract, tort or otherwise with respect to the koiosmasterdata.com website, our Services or the Content: (a) for any lost profits, loss of business, loss of data, unauthorised access to data or deficient data secrecy in connection with the transfer of information via the Internet, or for any misuse of Content published on our website or any other special, incidental or consequential costs, losses or damage of any kind whatsoever, (b) to provide substitute goods or services, except as provided for in these Terms, or (c) for any direct damages in excess of any subscription price paid by the user that is the subject of the claim to use the koiosmasterdata.com Services. The terms of this clause shall not prevent any liability or claim for death or bodily injury nor any claim arising from wilful default or gross negligence on our part.
We undertake from time to time to use reasonable efforts to give you access to our website and Services. We reserve the right to, at our sole discretion and when we deem necessary due to technical, operational, maintenance or security reasons, take measures which may affect the accessibility of our website and Services. Due to the nature of Internet and server provision, downtime and lost transmissions may occur and accordingly we will have no liability to you for the loss of any Content or for any deterioration or damage to any Content or any failure of our website or Services.
10. ENDING THIS AGREEMENT
koiosmasterdata.com may terminate or suspend any and all of its Services and/or your koiosmasterdata.com account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach these Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease. You can terminate your koiosmasterdata.com account at any time by giving notice to us to that effect. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranties, indemnities and limitations of liability..
11. CHANGING THESE TERMS
koiosmasterdata.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the koiosmasterdata.com website. What constitutes a material change will be determined by us. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any service or viewing any Content following notification of a material change to the Terms shall constitute your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
You agree that we have the right to use your Content to promote our Brand and Services using marketing material and activities without charge or prior consent or approval from you at our sole discretion and to distribute and redistribute your Content to other parties, websites, applications, and other entities, provided we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that such Content is attributed to you in accordance with the information submitted to us by you. You agree that any such marketing activities may be carried out by us notwithstanding the earlier termination of the contract for any reason where that Content has already been selected for use in marketing activity in accordance with this clause.
13. SUBSCRIPTIONS AND BILLING
We offer the facility to sign up to a number of subscription plans, including plans with differing tiers, conditions, limitations and features on payment of a fee. You can sign up to such plans or find specific details regarding your subscription or our pricing on our website. We reserve the right to modify, terminate or otherwise amend our offered pricing and subscription plans from time to time. You can upgrade, downgrade or cancel your subscription plan using your online account on the website. If you are signing up to a subscription plan or paying a fee you must provide us with or use a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be advised by us from time to time (“Payment Method”). We will bill the subscription or any other fee, and any applicable taxes such as value added tax, to your Payment Method. You must cancel your subscription before it renews each subscription period in order to avoid billing of the next period’s subscription fees to your Payment Method. Where you change your plan during a subscription period, we may bill you any difference between the subscription fee for your old and new plans for the remainder of that period. The amount billed for the subscribed plan is a recurring amount which will only be varied in the event that you change your plan or we adjust the prices. Where the applicable subscription fee is varied, you authorise us to charge your Payment Method for such varied amounts. We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our Service in our sole discretion. Any price changes will take effect no earlier than 30 days following notice to you. Subject to an initial 14-day cooling off period within which you will receive a full refund, in the event of cancellation all payments are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partially used periods.
Placing and order online and using a Payment Method constitutes an offer by you to purchase the Services in accordance with these terms.
Payment for the chosen Services shall be made by an online payment facility on the website which is provided by ‘stripe’ (www.stripe.com). We do not store your payment card details. After successful payment we will send you an email to confirm your order and confirm the Services you purchased. The email does not indicate that we have accepted your order. We are not obliged to supply the Services ordered by you until full payment us received. The order shall only be deemed accepted us when the Services become available to you, unless we notify you that: we do not accept your order; the Services you ordered are listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us; or you have cancelled the contract in accordance with these terms. In the event your order is refused we will notify you by email and we refund the sum deducted from your Payment Method within 28 days of receiving the order.
14. FINAL POINTS
No person who is not a party to these Terms may enforce them and any legislation according rights to third parties shall not apply. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of these Terms and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind koiosmasterdata.com in any respect whatsoever. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for in these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of that right or any further rights. koiosmasterdata.com shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations in these Terms where such failure results from any cause beyond koiosmasterdata.com’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. koiosmasterdata.com may transfer or assign these Terms and its rights and obligations under them without consent but you may only transfer or assign the same with our prior written consent.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us holding and processing your data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 of which we are a registered Data Controller under the name of Koios Master Data Limited for the purpose of the Act.
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and settle any disputes. Both parties agree that these Terms represent the full mutual understanding of the parties and supersede all and any previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided above. Any notice under these Terms may be sent electronically to the email address notified by each party to the other and will be deemed to have been received on the expiration of 48 hours after service.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our terms and conditions, please contact us by email at the following address: