1. Your privacy
At koiosmasterdata.com, we respect your privacy and the importance of the information you entrust to us. Below you will find a description of the basic policies and practices in place on our website that express our protocol for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
koiosmasterdata.com is an organisation that develops and serves software-as-a-service for the management of master data and master data exchange. Our Product Data Library enables manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and MRO organisations across many industries to easily exchange data in a single place by uploading and downloading product data in accordance with ISO 22745 and ISO 8000 standards. You must be a registered member of koiosmasterdata.com to use our services.
2. Information we may collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and email address, websites relating to you, and a description of you (i) when you provide it to us when registering for, or using, our website and/or services or in some other manner; (ii) from our business partners and/or from other third parties; (iii) when you complete your user profile or other pages that allow voluntary provision by you of information about you; and/or (iv) when you use the website to search, upload or download data. In addition, our server logs automatically collect technical information (information that is about you, but does not identify you as an individual), such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends. We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalise your online experience. See our Cookies Policy (below) for further details.
3. Information others may collect
We may allow third-party companies, affiliates or partners to display content on our website. We do not provide any personal information to these companies whatsoever. If you link through to these companies via their content, they may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about the computers used to view or interact with their website(s).
4. How we may use information we collect
We may use your personal and/or technical information to:
- present our website and its contents to you
- fulfil your requests for information and/or our services
- offer services provided by us that may be of interest to you
- process payment for services you order via our website
- customise the content that you see on our website
- facilitate use of our website
- manage your account and your preferences and to communicate with you about these
- notify you about changes to our website and/or any services we offer or provide through it
- allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
- analyse use of and improve our website and services
- identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website
- enforce our Terms
- promote or market our website and services
5. Your Choices
You may choose:
- not to provide personal information, although that will result in your inability to register with us and therefore obtain certain services or use certain features of our website
- to stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy or adjusting your notification settings on the website.
- to delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly
We take appropriate physical, electronic and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, or disclosure.
We may occasionally update this policy to reflect changes in our practices and services. If we make material changes in the way we collect, use, or share your personal information, we will post notice of the changes on our website.
Cookies help us tailor your experience so that you can get the most of out of using the site.
A cookie is a text-based file that is lodged automatically on your computer or equivalent device. Each cookie contains information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued it to you. The information that cookies collect includes your registration data, the date and time of your visit, and your navigational history.
- They help to safeguard your security by checking your login details, which may help prevent fraudulent use of your account.
- They save you time by getting rid of the need to repeatedly enter the same information into boxes on sign-in pages, etc.
- They enable us to offer you content that has been tailored to suit your particular profile as a user.
- They enable us to identify registered users each time they come back to the site after initial registration.
- They enable the site to remember your preferences each time you sign in, so that you don’t need to keep answering prompts about how you want to do certain things.
- record users’ behaviour – such as which email links they’ve clicked, which pages they’ve visited, which forms they’ve completed and which products they’ve used – to design tailored content and communications.
- measure and analyse information about the way people use the site. This information may include (but is not limited to the following): activity of the user’s browser when they are using koiosmasterdata.com, the site path of users, general information regarding the user’s service provider and host, and the time of day that users come to the site. This analysis then feeds into the work we do on improving our products and services.
- evaluate user traffic and behaviour on the site to put together activity reports (this information is not shared with external companies).
- identify which users have arrived on koiosmasterdata.com via an affiliate website or sponsored link.
In addition to cookies, we may also use other technologies, including single-pixel gifs on our websites and in promotional email messages or newsletters. These electronic images help us work out how many users have visited certain pages on the site or opened messages or newsletters. We do not use these single-pixel gifs to collect personal information.
koiosmasterdata.com may also use Google Analytics (Google Inc.) to track and examine the use of this Application, to help us understand and improve the user experience.
9. How to contact us